2021 State, County and Local Fellowships:
Unless otherwise indicated, offices can host remote interns in case in-person work is not an option. Students must be on their flex quarter to participate in the summer fellowships program.
Freshman are especially encouraged to apply to state, county, and local fellowships; every year, a significant proportion of our state/local fellows have been frosh!
- Office of Governor Gavin Newsom – Sacramento, CA
- California Department of Education – Analysis, Measurement, and Accountability Reporting Division (AMARD) – Sacramento, CA
- San Jose Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services – San Jose, CA
- Santa Clara County Office of Reentry Services – San Jose, CA
- CalPERS: California Public Employees’ Retirement System – Sacramento, CA*
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Air Resources Board – Sacramento, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Department of Water Resources – Sacramento, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: City of Palo Alto — The Karl Knapp Energy Fellow in City Government
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Energy Commission, Office of Chair David Hochschild – Sacramento, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Independent System Operator, California Regulatory Affairs group – Folsom, CA
- EPIC: California Ocean Protection Council
- EPIC: Pesticide Action Network
- EPIC: San Francisco Department of the Environment – San Francisco, CA
- EPIC: California State Water Resources Control Board, Office of Information Management and Analysis – Sacramento, CA
- EPIC: California Governor’s Office of Planning and Research, Strategic Growth Council
- City of San Jose Mayor’s Office of Technology and Innovation**
*This opportunity can only be in-person.
**Co-hosted with CS+Social Good, application is run through the CS+Social Good solo site.Apply Now!
Applying for the first time? Check out our sample personal statements and resumes HERE!