Summer 2017 Fellow: Federico Derby
The goal of the Office of Mexico´s Ministry of the Economy at the Embassy of Mexico in Washington, D.C. is to advance trade and investment policies that benefit the bilateral Mexico-US relationship. We also seek to promote trade and investment to Mexico and provide information on Mexico’s trade and investment regulatory framework. We work with the Administration, Congress, trade associations and think tanks. Please find more information at: http://www.naftamexico.net/ .
The Office offers internship opportunities for highly motivated and skilled students seeking knowledge and experience on international trade and Mexico. Interns will support the Office with day to day activities and analysis. We hope to be able to assign supervised projects that are relevant to their training and educational interests. Potential duties include:
- Attending and producing brief readouts on hearings in Capitol Hill, think tanks events and other conferences.
- Preparing reports, factsheets and other public communication tools.
- Researching and analyzing materials and news stories to support other activities in our office.
- Writing one article in English for our monthly newsletter relevant to the bilateral trade relationship or the importance of Mexico as a US trading partner
- Analyzing data—Excel is helpful. Looking at import and export statistics.
- Be highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced, international and multicultural environment under minimal supervision;
- Excellent quantitative and communications skills (spoken and written)
- A demonstrated ability for research and analysis;
- The ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently
- Strong computer skills (especially Microsoft Office applications—namely, Excel). Interest in graphic presentations is desired.
- Strong organizational skills
- Background in Economics, International Relations or Political Science.
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
Main Fellowship Disciplines: Economics, international relations, political economy, trade, languageApply Now!