Looking for a summer internship and policy? We’ve assembled a list of resources and tips that have helped Stanford students find internships in past years.
Use SIG’s Internship Listings
SIG has compiled a listing of previous internship placements.
Use Other Databases
- Fellowships, Internships and Services Programs (FISP) Database – The Haas Center’s database of public service opportunities
- USAJobs – The federal government’s official jobs site
- MakingTheDifference – Partnership for Public Service’s site for finding federal government jobs (www.makingthedifference.org)
- The Partnership for Public Service (PPS) – PPS offers paid fellowships in Washington, D.C., although these paid opportunities are not eligible for a SIG Stipend
- CalOPS – Opportunities in California state government
- NextGen Silicon Valley – Summer internships in local government and management
Reach Out To Stanford Alumni
Searching for and reaching out to alumni through Stanford’s alumni database is a fantastic way to land a summer opportunity. Below is a list of Stanford alumni currently holding a public office. Their offices have internship availabilities and would be especially open to having a Stanford intern.
Many of our past SIG Stipends recipients secured their summer internships by directly emailing the organization they were interested in working with. Look online for organizations whose work you find interesting and drop them an email with your resume and reasons you are interested in an internship. You never know what response you might get!