2023 State, County and Local Fellowships:
Unless otherwise indicated, offices can host remote interns in case in-person work is not an option.
Freshman are especially encouraged to apply to state, county, and local fellowships; every year, a significant proportion of our state/local fellows have been frosh!
- San José Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services, Parks Division – San José, CA
- California Department of Education, Analysis, Measurement, and Accountability Reporting Division (AMARD) – Sacramento, CA
- Santa Clara County Office of Reentry Services – San José, CA
- City of San José Office of the City Auditor – San José, CA
- City of San José Office of Digital Privacy – San José, CA
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health
- Bay Conservation and Development Commission
- Office of Mayor Todd Gloria, City of San Diego – San Diego, CA
- City of Oakland, Department of Housing and Community Development – Oakland, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Air Resources Board – Sacramento, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Energy Commission, Office of Chair David Hochschild – Sacramento, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Independent System Operator, California Regulatory Affairs Group – Folsom, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Energy Commission, Office of Commissioner Patty Monahan – Sacramento, CA
- EPIC: California Ocean Protection Council – Sacramento, CA
- EPIC: California State Water Resources Control Board, Office of Information Management and Analysis – Sacramento, CA
- EPIC: San Francisco Department of the Environment – San Francisco, CA
- EPIC: California Governor’s Office of Planning and Research, Strategic Growth Council – Sacramento, CA
- EPIC: Green Science Policy Institute
- EPIC: California State Lands Commission – Sacramento, CA
Applying for the first time? Check out our sample personal statements and resumes HERE!