About the Organization: Council for a Strong America (CSA) is a bipartisan non-profit organization located in Washington, D.C., with 10 offices across the country. CSA engages law enforcement, military, and business leaders who promote evidence-based policies and programs that enable kids to be healthy, well-educated and prepared for productive lives. About the Internship: We are seeking undergraduate students or recent graduates looking for policy and/or advocacy experience in Washington, D.C. This is a one-semester, full-time internship program that offers students the opportunity to work closely with the organization’s Federal Policy Team on a variety of policy goals.
The Federal Policy Team, including the intern, has the privilege of working with each of our membership organizations:
- Fight Crime: Invest in Kids, a national organization of over 5,000 police chiefs, sheriffs, prosecutors, and other law enforcement leaders.
- Mission: Readiness, a national organization of more than 600 retired generals and admirals.
- ReadyNation, a national organization with more than 2,300 business leaders.
Projects Fellow Should Expect:
- Research background information for meetings with Members of Congress on children and youth issues.
- Attend and report on Congressional briefings, hearings, committee mark-ups, and floor votes.
- Research, track, and summarize relevant legislation and federal agency policy actions on child care and early learning, juvenile justice, afterschool, nutrition, and anti-poverty programs supporting children and families.
- Attend and report on coalition meetings, policy conference calls, and webinars.
- Database analysis and reports.
- Monitor news reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Organized, go-getter, able to write clearly for a lay audience (not just academic papers). Experience with Excel or google sheets strongly preferred.