2022 State, County and Local Fellowships:
Unless otherwise indicated, offices can host remote interns in case in-person work is not an option.
Freshman are especially encouraged to apply to state, county, and local fellowships; every year, a significant proportion of our state/local fellows have been frosh!
- Office of Governor Gavin Newsom – Sacramento, CA
- California Department of Education – Analysis, Measurement, and Accountability Reporting Division (AMARD) – Sacramento, CA
- San Jose Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services – San José, CA
- City of San José Office of the City Auditor – San José, CA
- Santa Clara County Office of Reentry Services – San José, CA
- CalPERS: California Public Employees’ Retirement System – Sacramento, CA
- San Francisco District Attorney’s Office – San Francisco, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Air Resources Board – Sacramento, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Department of Water Resources – Sacramento, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: City of Palo Alto — The Karl Knapp Energy Fellow in City Government – Palo Alto, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Energy Commission, Office of Chair David Hochschild – Sacramento, CA
- Shultz Energy Fellowships: California Independent System Operator, California Regulatory Affairs Group – Folsom, CA
- EPIC: California Ocean Protection Council – Sacramento, CA
- EPIC: Pesticide Action Network – Berkeley, CA
- EPIC: San Francisco Department of the Environment – San Francisco, CA
- EPIC: California Governor’s Office of Planning and Research, Strategic Growth Council – Sacramento, CA
- City of San Jose Mayor’s Office of Technology and Innovation* – San José, CA
*Co-hosted with CS+Social Good, application is run through the CS+Social Good SOLO site.
Applying for the first time? Check out our sample personal statements and resumes HERE!