The International Crisis Group is an independent organisation working to prevent wars and shape policies that will build a more peaceful world. It combines expert field research, analysis and engagement with policymakers across the world in order to effect change in the crisis situations on which we work. This position will specifically be with the Latin America & Caribbean program.
Interns will be asked to assist with a variety of tasks to support the program’s research and advocacy. These include:
- Basic research on social and political data in the region
- Monitoring and drafting “situation reports” on political developments in Latin America and the Caribbean region via online sources
- Producing Latin America’s daily press dossier
- Providing assistance in editing reports and briefings produced by staff
- Preparing advocacy and research materials and note-taking for relevant events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Background in social or political sciences
- Excellent verbal and written command of Spanish and English; knowledge of Portuguese or French is welcome
- Good knowledge of the Latin American and Caribbean region
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office;
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of self-motivation