Newsletters, Summer 2015|

Dear friends of Stanford in Government,

My name is Robert Chun, and I’m thrilled to introduce myself as SIG Chair for the 2015-2016 school year! Since I joined freshman year, SIG has been a source of wonderful friendships and opportunities. I’m proud to lead this extraordinary group.

My own interest in public service started in high school, when I wrote monthly political columns in my school’s newspaper. At Stanford, I’ve had the opportunity to pursue my academic interests in fiscal policy and development economics with some exceptional professors. More importantly, I’ve had the chance to contribute to real-world policy in Washington, D.C. Last summer, I interned with the staff of the Senate Finance Committee, where I helped write corporate tax reform. After the summer ended, I stayed in D.C. for the Stanford in Washington program where I worked for the White House Office of Management and Budget.

As I look forward to leading SIG next year, I think often of my wonderful experiences in Washington, D.C. SIG is uniquely positioned to give Stanford students similar experiences at the state, federal, and international levels. There’s no replacement for hands-on engagement. Our organization already does a terrific job of connecting students of all majors with policy, but there is always more work to do. I hope you will join me in helping SIG expand the number of students making a difference in our world’s most important government and civil society organizations.

Please feel free to reach out to me at any time with thoughts, questions, or advice. I look forward to hearing from you!

Warmly,

Robert Chun, ’16

Chair, Stanford in Government 2015-2016

Close Search Window